Malbec with Meyer
05/11/2015 | Buenos Aires, News | No Comments|
Noma’s Claus Meyer dropped by my good friend Vinicast‘s house for a lunchtime asado and Malbec tasting yesterday.
In Buenos Aires to give a talk, Vinicast and Gabriela Lafuente, sommelier at El Baqueano, whipped up a stunning barbecue where Meyer tried plaited chitlins for the first time. I helped serve the wine…
Besides Malbec, we also sipped other reds including Bonarda and blends to give Claus a taste of Argentina.
Some of the liquid delights included:
- Emma Paraje Altamira Bonarda 2013, Familia Zuccardi
- Bacán Malbec 2009, La Giostra del Vino, Luján de Cuyo
- Concreto 2014, Famila Zuccardi, Altamira, Uco Valley
- Finca Temis 2007, Alta Vista, Luján de Cuyo
- Pasacana 2011, Bodega Fernando Dupont, Quebrada de Humahuaca, Jujuy
- And, of course, a penguin by Vinicast.
A luxurious lunch and a real privilege indeed.